Update: Oct 22nd
Please refer to this page for general information about STFX Faith Formation and Youth Ministry events and programming in regards to COVID-19. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any questions, pastoral needs, spiritual needs, questions or concerns!
St. Corona, Pray for us. Click here for her story
Youth Ministry and Faith Formation Health Safety Plan
Please click on the link to read about our plan to keep youth safe as they attend our events.
YDisciple: High School Groups
Growing in Faith at Home as a Family
We urge parents, teens and children to find other ways to dive into your faith. We encourage families to spend more deliberate time in family prayer experiences at home, as well as setting aside “quiet time” for their families to take personal prayer time each day.
What should my child know and by what age?
I have put together a booklet to help parents meet certain benchmarks to keep their child(ren) on track as they grow and learn their faith. This fall we will begin using these standards in our Faith Formation programs to check the knowledge of the students. Please take some time to work on these with your children. I recommend beginning at the lowest age group and work up to your child’s current age/grade. This is not to add stress to you or your children, it is a tool for us to determine the knowledge of the faith with the children. Click on the link below to view booklet.
We also urge parents to take advantage of Formed.org, an online platform of Catholic content for all ages that is completely free to our parishioners! To access Formed.org, you will need to register if you are not already. To do this
- From the FORMED.org home page select “Sign Up”
- Select “I belong to a Parish or Organization”
- Type “St Francis Xavier, Buffalo MN” and select when it appears
- Type your name and email address
At-Home and Online Resources
- Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis: Resources for Family Prayer and Activities
- Relevant Radio
- Look to Him and Be Radiant: Ideas for Learning and Praying at Home
- At Home Resources for Parents
- Ideas for the Whole Family
- The Why and How of making a Spiritual Communion
Great links for Catholic Families
Great Sites for Activity and Craft Ideas